Common Neck Pain Injuries
Do you have neck pain or experienced a neck injury?
Neck pain causes include:
1. Muscle strains from overuse/postural issues/teeth grinding.
2. Worn joints with age.
3. Nerve compression from herniated disks or bone spurs in the vertebrae of your neck.
4. Whiplash injury, which occurs when the head is jerked backward and then forward, straining the soft tissues of the neck.
4. Certain diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis, meningitis or cancer.
Most neck pain is associated with poor posture combined with age-related wear and tear. So try the following to improve your pain:
- Use good posture. Be sure your shoulders are in a straight line over your hips and your ears are directly over your shoulders.
- Take frequent breaks to stretch your neck and shoulders.
- Adjust your desk, chair and computer so that the monitor is at eye level. Knees should be slightly lower than hips. Use your chair’s armrests.
- Use a headset or speakerphone instead of tucking the phone between you ear/shoulder.
- Quit smoking as it puts you at higher risk of developing neck pain.
- Avoid carrying heavy bags with straps over your shoulder.
Still in pain?
Downtown Calgary Chiropractor | Downtown Calgary Chiropractic | Downtown Calgary Physiotherapy | Downtown Calgary Physiotherapist | Downtown Calgary Massage | Downtown Calgary Registered Massage Therapist | Downtown Calgary Acupuncture | Downtown Calgary Traditional Chinese Medicine | Downtown Calgary Naturopathic Medicine | Downtown Calgary Naturopath | Downtown Calgary Fitness | Downtown Calgary Personal Trainer