Are you looking for protein packed breakfast treat?
These tasty No Bake Banana Bread Breakfast Bars are gluten free, vegan, paleo and dairy free!
For the Bars:
3 cups gluten free oat flour OR 2 cups coconut flour.
1 cup vanilla protein powder (optional).
pinch sea salt.
1/4 cup granulated sweetener of choice.
1/2 cup overripe mashed banana (about 2 small).
1/4 cup pure maple syrup (can sub for brown rice or honey if no diet restrictions).
1/2 cup any nut or seed butter.
pinch vanilla extract.
1/2 cup+ milk of choice.
For the coconut butter frosting:
1/2 cup coconut butter, melted.
2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted.
1 tsp maple syrup.
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, protein powder, cinnamon, sea salt, granulated sweetener of choice and mix well. Add in the mashed banana- Mixture should be very crumbly.
2. In a microwave safe bowl or stovetop, melt your nut butter with maple syrup. Whisk in the vanilla extract and pour into the dry mixture. Mix very well until fully incorporated.
3. For soft and fudgy banana bread bar: add milk of choice until a relatively thick batter is formed.
4. For a firm and chewy bar: add milk of choice only if needed to desired thickness. Transfer to 9X9 lined baking tray and press firmly in place.
5. Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes, or until firm. Add frosting of choice, refrigerate for another 30 minutes to firm up before slicing.
Make it a great day!
Contact us for injury management, massage, or online health/coaching/training/nutrition plans.
Downtown Calgary Chiropractor | Downtown Calgary Chiropractic | Downtown Calgary Physiotherapy | Downtown Calgary Physiotherapist | Downtown Calgary Massage | Downtown Calgary Registered Massage Therapist | Downtown Calgary Acupuncture | Downtown Calgary Traditional Chinese Medicine | Downtown Calgary Naturopathic Medicine | Downtown Calgary Naturopath | Downtown Calgary Fitness | Downtown Calgary Personal Trainer