Are you looking for a protein bar that tastes like dessert, but so much healthier?
Whether you are a fitness competitor or not, these protein bars are refined sugar-free, gluten free, vegan, dairy free and have a tested paleo option too!
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 10 minutes
2 cups gluten free oat flour (or 1 cup coconut flour)
½ cup coconut flour, sifted (Can sub for almond or more oat flour)
½ cup vanilla vegan or paleo friendly protein powder
2 tbsp granulated sweetener of choice (optional)
1 tbps cinnamon
1 tsp mixed spice
1 tsp nutmeg
1/4 cup almond butter (or any nut butter)
½ cup brown rice syrup (or maple syrup)
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tbsp+ dairy free milk of choice
1. Line a large baking dish with greased paper and set aside
2. In large microwave safe bowl, combine the flour, protein powder, granulated sweetener, cinnamon, nutmeg, and mixed spice and mix well
3. In a microwave safe bowl, combine the nut butter and liquid sweetener and heat until melted
4. Pour the wet mixture into the dry and mix well. Add the unsweetened applesauce and mix well until combined. The batter should be crumbly
5. Using a spoon, add the dairy free milk of choice (up to 3/4 cup) one spoonful at a time until a thick, firm batter is formed
6. Transfer to lined baking dish and press firmly
7. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
🌟Make it a great day!
🌟Contact us for injury management or online training/nutrition plans